My first attempt at sewing Watson was a complete failure…I didn’t cry, but I was upset for some time… Ahh, those bra sizes never wanted to be friends with me,…ever! But I am so happy I tried again, yay!!!

First one I’ve made was out of blue fabric with stars, and it came out too small. But! I’ve learnt something:

  1. Choose bigger size – I went for 34G
  2. I didn’t like exposed seams inside – I tried my best to hide those later on
  3. The pattern suggest 0,3 m of lining, which I bought, but it was not enough, I needed to buy around 0,5 to really fit the pattern piece there. I’m talking about the part under the breasts. That one wasn’t supposed to be stretchy horizontally, so when I placed my pattern as I was supposed to I could fit only a half..very sad! That’s why you see that I cut it twice and then put a piece of fold over elastic on top of the center seam…Will know better for the next time!

In general I am happy with the result, but not that happy with the process, too much of time looking for all those small details for sewing bras, and then again trying out the pattern..oooh! I think I am into big pieces, big garments, even if those have small details, if you know what I mean, lol!

So! I love my camo combination. I think I will be making more Watsons, specially after I saw this post on insta (!!!) and Annika was so nice and she explained me how she did all that beauty inside of her Watson bra)))!! this is what I will be going for…after I buy some foam!

Details:

***

fabric information here and here

Watson Bra by Cloth Habbit

size 34G

(Gia Thong by Ohh Lulu in size M – more here)

ME:

bust – 93 cm (36,6 in)

waist – 77 cm (30,3 in)

hips – 101 cm (39,7 in)

***

xx,

Val.

*This post was not sponsored. All products mentioned were purchased with my own money. All opinions are 100% my own, as always!!* Read more in DISCLAIMER